We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. We are of course subject to the Solicitors Code of Conduct (please see the Solicitors Regulation Authority website for details). When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. It helps us to improve our standards. We set out below a copy of our revised Complaints Procedure
If at any time you are unhappy with any aspect of our handling of your case then we would ask you to raise it with Amanda Woods our Complaints Director and she will endeavour to resolve the problem with you. If you have such a complaint you should contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint and enclosing a copy of our Complaints Procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This would normally involve passing your complaint to the Head of Department who will review your matter/file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Miss Woods will then contact you with feedback from our internal enquiries (the follow up) and at that time she will look to identify a solution to hopefully resolve your complaint. Miss Woods will endeavour to do this within 14 days of us sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Miss Woods will write to you to confirm the outcome of the subsequent feedback communication/meeting with you.
- Miss Woods will endeavour to ensure that you receive detailed feedback to your complaint including her suggestions for resolving the matter within 28 days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Director to review her decision or an appropriate alternative such as mediation to review the decision.
- We will then write to youwithin 14 days of receiving your request for a review confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If however your concern continues this may be referred now to the Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. Website www.legalombudsman.org.uk Telephone 0300 555 03333) to consider the complaint. Normally you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months.
We confirm we have Professional Indemnity cover. The insurers are the QB Insurance (Europe) Limited. Territorial coverage of our Policy is worldwide.