This is clearly a difficult time for all in the UK as the global pandemic has taken hold and lockdown has ensued.
As such we have taken the time to review the guidance provided by both the NHS, and the Government, and provided the summary, below.
The NHS state that you should only leave your home for the following reasons;
- To purchase necessities such as food and medicine
- One form of exercise such as a walk, cycle, or run
- If you have a medical need that requires treatment or you are assisting a vulnerable person
- If you need to travel to work and such work can not be done from home.
With the intention to avoid catching the virus the NHS website suggests the following measures should reduce the risk of infection;
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. This should be done frequently
- If soap and water are not available use hand sanitiser
- When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth and nose (but not with your hands)
- Use tissues, or your sleeve, when you cough or sneeze in order to catch it
- Dispose of the tissues and immediately wash your hands
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes after coughing or sneezing as this could spread the virus.
If you consider that you have symptoms of the Coronavirus, such as a high temperature or a new continuous cough, you should call the 111 service and seek further guidance.
Please stay safe.